- MARS, Incorporated Awarded Best Private Company and Commended for Best B2B Partnership by Ethical Corporation in 2014 Responsible Business Awards
- 5 Ways Shelters Provide More Than Beds
- Our Podcasts, From A to Z
- Ingersoll Rand Participates in U.S.-India Partnership Summit on Accelerating Resilient Growth and Development
- VIDEO - Deloitte and The Warrior Games: Why We Sponsor
- Take-back and Recycling Program in Africa
- CDP Recognizes 21st Century Fox as Leader in Sustainability Disclosure for Sixth Straight Year
Cleaner + Greener
- Leonardo Academy Releases White Paper on Defining the Impacts of Forest Carbon Sequestration Offsets
- Defining Forest Sequestration Impacts: Tonne to Tonne-Year Correlations Implicit in Existing Forestry Offset Standards
- Greenbuild 2009 Conference Goes “Carbon-Neutral” with the Help of Renewable Energy and Offset Donations
- IFMA World Workplace 2009 Event Powered by Green Energy through Participation in the Cleaner and...
- GovEnergy 2009 Offsets Event Emissions through the Cleaner and Greener Program
» Overview:The Sustainability Experts®
|Call for Applications: Open Seat on SCS-002 Standards Committee, General Interest Category|
Madison, WI – February 15, 2010 – Leonardo Academy is now accepting applications for an additional member on the Type III Life-Cycle Impact Profile Declarations for Products, Services and Systems (SCS-002) Standards Committee, within the General Interest Category. Any individual that is a government representative, academic researcher, representative of a consumer group or other interested party, and is interested in participating in a national dialogue on life-cycle assessment and Type III labeling, is encouraged to apply.
The SCS-002 Standards Committee is working to develop a life-cycle assessment framework and set of associated metrics on which Type III environmental declarations will be based. The frameworkincludes 1) life-cycle inventory (LCI) data collection specifications, 2) life-cycle environmental characterization data collection specifications, 3) life-cycle impact assessment (LCIA) specifications, including identification of relevant impact category groups and specific impact category indicators with their associated time horizons, environmental characterization requirements, and calculation algorithms and 4) requirements for establishment of baselines for comparison. In addition, the framework will establish standardized reporting requirements for Type III environmental declarations, declarations of environmental preferability, and greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting.
Leonardo Academy, a non-profit organization that works to advance sustainability, is providing facilitation and process support for the SCS-002 standard development initiative, under the rules of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). The current SCS-002 Committee consists of a skilled, diverse membership representing building owners, operators and developers; product designers and manufacturers; energy providers; telecommunications; architects; environmental consultants; certifiers; industry trade associations; and government representatives. Outreach efforts over the next several months will focus on engaging additional participation in the process from academia and research, environmental NGOs, consumer groups and other interested stakeholders. For more information, visit: http://www.leonardoacademy.org/Projects/LCIADecStdDevelopment.html.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by 5:00 pm (CST) on Wednesday, March 17, 2010. The new Committee member will be announced on Friday, March 26, 2010.
Leonardo Academy is the ANSI-accredited standards development organization facilitating the SCS-002 standard setting process. Leonardo Academy is a charitable organization dedicated to advancingsustainability and environmental stewardship. We develop and distribute strategies, metrics, standards, and information. We provide education and help companies, organizations, families, and individuals increase sustainability. We strive to put the competitive market to work on improving the environment. We are a Think and Do Tank with an interdisciplinary approach that makes sustainability practical for everyone.