- AT&T Brings Mentoring Program for Secondary School Students to Europe
- Shareholders Seeking Stronger Responses from Companies as Climate Change Concerns Deepen
- CITGO Fueling Good Project Helps Non-Profit Save Endangered American Bird
- International Women’s Day: Partnership Helps Mexican Mothers Find Their Voices and Be Heard
- What We’re Reading: Parents Should Relax, Protecting Student Data, Facebook Ad Mishaps, Net Neutrality’s Fate
- In Celebration of International Women’s Day AWEARNESS, The Kenneth Cole Foundation Launches Donation Program with Help USA
- Banks Step Up Their Commitment to Sustainability
Cleaner + Greener
- Leonardo Academy Releases White Paper on Defining the Impacts of Forest Carbon Sequestration Offsets
- Defining Forest Sequestration Impacts: Tonne to Tonne-Year Correlations Implicit in Existing Forestry Offset Standards
- Greenbuild 2009 Conference Goes “Carbon-Neutral” with the Help of Renewable Energy and Offset Donations
- IFMA World Workplace 2009 Event Powered by Green Energy through Participation in the Cleaner and...
- GovEnergy 2009 Offsets Event Emissions through the Cleaner and Greener Program
» Overview:The Sustainability Experts®
|Call SCS-002 Standards Committee Applications, Environmentalist Category|
June 22, 2009
The SCS-002 Standards Committee is working to develop a life-cycle assessment framework, calculation algorithms and standardized declaration formats for assessing, quantifying and reporting the environmental performance of materials, products, services and systems. The SCS-002 standard will also include frameworks for four dependent practices: Climate Metrics, Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (EPP) and Management, Building Declarations and a National Type III Label. Leonardo Academy, a non-profit organization that works to advance sustainability, is providing facilitation and process support for the standard development initiative, under the rules of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
The current 23-member Committee consists of a skilled, diverse membership representing building owners, operators and developers; product designers and manufacturers; energy providers; telecommunications; architects; environmental consultants; certifiers; industry trade associations; and government representatives. Outreach efforts over the next several months will focus on engaging additional participation in the process from academia and research, environmental NGOs, consumer groups and other interested stakeholders. For more information about the SCS-002 standard development process, visit: http://www.leonardoacademy.org
How to Apply -- To receive an application for the open SCS-002 Standards Committee seat, please contact Amanda Raster at Leonardo Academy (Tel: 608-280-0255, Email:
). PLEASE NOTE that only applications for the Environmentalist interest category will be considered at this time. Individuals who have previously submitted applications for the Environmentalist interest category but do not currently hold a seat on the Committee will be considered in this round of selections.