- Sodexo Applauds University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa Team for Becoming First Food Recovery Certified Organization in the State
- WEBINAR: The 3 Hot Topics Every CSR Manager Wants to Know About Pro Bono Programs
- CITGO Lemont Refinery Bowls a Strike for Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Tequila Cazadores Cuts Carbon Footprint
- FCA US Receives 2016 NGV Achievement Award for Converting Transport Fleet to Compressed Natural Gas
- Baxter Awarded for Expanding Access to Care and Education in Rural China
- Getting to a Green Internet, One Goal at a Time
Cleaner + Greener
- Leonardo Academy Releases White Paper on Defining the Impacts of Forest Carbon Sequestration Offsets
- Defining Forest Sequestration Impacts: Tonne to Tonne-Year Correlations Implicit in Existing Forestry Offset Standards
- Greenbuild 2009 Conference Goes “Carbon-Neutral” with the Help of Renewable Energy and Offset Donations
- IFMA World Workplace 2009 Event Powered by Green Energy through Participation in the Cleaner and...
- GovEnergy 2009 Offsets Event Emissions through the Cleaner and Greener Program
|Call SCS-002 Standards Committee Applications, Environmentalist Category|
June 22, 2009
The SCS-002 Standards Committee is working to develop a life-cycle assessment framework, calculation algorithms and standardized declaration formats for assessing, quantifying and reporting the environmental performance of materials, products, services and systems. The SCS-002 standard will also include frameworks for four dependent practices: Climate Metrics, Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (EPP) and Management, Building Declarations and a National Type III Label. Leonardo Academy, a non-profit organization that works to advance sustainability, is providing facilitation and process support for the standard development initiative, under the rules of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
The current 23-member Committee consists of a skilled, diverse membership representing building owners, operators and developers; product designers and manufacturers; energy providers; telecommunications; architects; environmental consultants; certifiers; industry trade associations; and government representatives. Outreach efforts over the next several months will focus on engaging additional participation in the process from academia and research, environmental NGOs, consumer groups and other interested stakeholders. For more information about the SCS-002 standard development process, visit: http://www.leonardoacademy.org
How to Apply -- To receive an application for the open SCS-002 Standards Committee seat, please contact Amanda Raster at Leonardo Academy (Tel: 608-280-0255, Email:
). PLEASE NOTE that only applications for the Environmentalist interest category will be considered at this time. Individuals who have previously submitted applications for the Environmentalist interest category but do not currently hold a seat on the Committee will be considered in this round of selections.