Welcome to Leonardo Academy's New E-update!
The purpose of this e-update is to keep you apprised of the progress of Leonardo Academy's sustainability work and how all of us can help with advancing sustainability and reducing environmental impacts.
There are tremendous environmental challenges facing the world today from climate change to water shortages and biodiversity loss to pollution of our air, soil and water systems. Leonardo Academy is scaling up its sustainability work to help address a wide range of these challenges and to develop creative and effective solutions for mitigating their impacts.
A few highlights of our expanding sustainability work:
- We have increased our staff to 18 to help us meet the increasing needs of our program areas: Overall Sustainability, Green Buildings / LEED, Emissions, Land Management and Sustainability Standards Development.
- On the communications front, we have updated our website so that it is more interactive. Please visit us at www.leonardoacademy.org and let us know what you think.
- We have expanded our sustainability education program. The majority of our training courses are now USGBC and AIA accredited.
- We are helping to train the sustainability leaders of the future through our intern program.
- We recently moved into new office space that not only allows for continued growth but also lets us monitor the water fowl migrations and other wildlife from our office windows.
Survey of Sustainability in Organizations
Please take a few minutes to participate in Leonardo Academy's 2009 Sustainability Survey
and help us develop a greater understanding of how businesses and organizations are currently incorporating sustainability into their business practices.
The 2009 survey data collection period will close on October 30, 2009. If you have already participated, we thank you for your time and effort. As a participant, we will provide you the results of the survey as soon as they are available.
|Press Releases: |
June 22, 2009 - Call SCS-002 Standards Committee Applications, Environmentalist Category
May 14, 2009
- Sustainable Agriculture Practice Standard Development Takes New Steps Forward: SCS Commits to Nonprofit Ownership and Clears the Path for Fundraising Campaign
May 1, 2009
- Leonardo Academy Helps Expedition to the North Pole Achieve Carbon Neutral Status
April 29, 2009
- Three Open Seats on National Sustainable Agriculture Standards
April 29, 2009
- Standards Committee Officers Selected to Guide Sustainable Gaming Standard
April 20, 2009
- Leonardo Academy Announces 2009 Survey of the Costs and Benefits of LEED for Existing Buildings
April 13, 2009
- Kara Edmonson Participates in Pre-Release Pilot Testing of new LEED Exam
March 29, 2009
- Standards Committee Selected to Develop Sustainable Gaming Standard for Slot Machines
Leonardo Academy is inspired by two quotes:
"A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead
"When One tugs at a single thing in Nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world." - John Muir
Leonardo Academy | P. O. Box 5425 | Madison | WI | 53705-0425
<< Start < Prev 21 22 23 Next > End >>